Angle constancy is the most critical and the most elusive element of hand sharpening. The Lansky Controlled-Angle System is a guided knife sharpening system that ensures that your knife edge sharpens to the exact bevel you specify.
The knife clamp included in the system holds the knife steady, and holds the angle guide static and firm, so that the user can achieve the desired angle with every stroke of the sharpener. The Coarse to Ultra-Fine hones provide an excellent range of grits for complete edge care and maintenance. The Serrated sharpening hone also allows sharpening of serrated knives with this system. The Lansky system is perfect for outdoor sporting, kitchen or workshop knives, and offers the widest range of accessories available. In production for over 40 years, the Lansky Sharpening System has been the most preferred, and best sharpening system for DIY and cutlery enthusiasts worldwide.
The Lansky Professional Controlled-Angle Sharpening System features:
- Serrated Medium Hone: for sharpening serrations
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing ÷sharp
- Ultra-Fine Ceramic Yellow Hone: (1000 grit) for polishing the edge for a razor sharp edge
- Honing Oil: Specially Formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods: One for every hone
All Lansky Controlled-Angle Knife Sharpening Systems allow users to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife’s intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are:
|17° Angle||A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge|
|20° Angle||A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives|
|25° Angle||The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives|
|30° Angle||An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use|