Mankind has been using the axe to shape, split, and cut wood for millennia. The Kershaw Dechutes camp axe is an update on that trusty tool. With its angular handle lines and cutouts in the axe head and knob, it has a decidedly contemporary look. The cutouts also help relieve weight in this full-tang tool. The tan glass-filled nylon handle features textured rubberized inserts for secure grip. The cutout in the head is part of the included sheath and carry system. The sheath snaps into place through the hole. Once the sheath is secured, add the strap for convenient over-the-shoulder carry. Cutout in the knob provides a convenient place to add your own wrist strap.
- Full-tang construction in a strong, reliable tool
- Tough 3Cr13 stainless steel; black-oxide coating adds blade protection
- “Bearded” ax head design enables you to choke up on the blade for fine work
- Jimping on the butt of the blade helps resist slipping when batonning
- Molded sheath and nylon straps for secure storage and easy shoulder carrying included
- Not designed as a specialized throwing axe. Throw at your own discretion.
- Blade Length 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Blade Material 3Cr13
- Blade Finish/Coating Black-oxide coating
- Handle Material Glass-filled nylon, rubber overlay
- Handle Thickness 0.89 in. (21.5 mm)
- Overall Length 14 in. (35.6 cm)
- Weight 1 lb. 9 oz. (711 g), with sheath 1 lb. 12 oz. (803 g)